Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f2.8E ED VR Overview
The classic standard zoom now featuring Vibration Reduction image stabilization, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f2.8E ED VR Lens is a truly versatile wide-angle To short telephoto lens characterized by its constant f2.8 maximum aperture and electromagnetic aperture mechanism. A revised optical design incorporates a unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element, in addition To three aspherical, two extra-low dispersion, and one high refractive index elements, To help reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order To achieve high image sharpness and clarity. The Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings further benefit image quality by reducing lens flare for improved contrast and color accuracy and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements protect against dust, moisture, and smudging.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, a Silent Wave Motor AF system produces quick, quiet focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing To photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up To four shutter speed stops. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design To provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Standard zoom designed for use with FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, this lens is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and using selective focus techniques.
- A unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element is incorporated into the optical design, along with three aspherical, one high refractive index, and two extra-low dispersion glass elements, To reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations, distortion, coma (comatic aberration), and flare for consistent edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have been applied To lens elements To minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps To reduce the appearance of camera shake by up To four shutter speed stops To better enable handheld shooting in low-light situations.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, To maintain the overall length of the lens during use and To promote faster focusing speeds.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens To the following cameras: D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D850, D810, D810A, D800 series, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300 series, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- Weather-sealed design, a rear rubber gasket, and fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements are able To withstand dust and moisture for working in harsh environments.