FUJIFILM X-T30 IIÂ Overview
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 with Quad CPU
- DCI and UHD 4K30 Video; F-Log Gamma
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen
- 425-Point Phase-Detection Autofocus
- Mechanical and Electronic Shutter
- Extended ISO 80-51200, 30 fps Shooting
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi; Sports Finder Mode
- Ultra Sonic Vibration Sensor Cleaning
Offering powerful stills and video features, coupled with a compact, functional design, theÂ FUJIFILM X-T30 IIÂ is a versatile mirrorless camera distinguished by advanced stills and video recording along with sleek and intuitive handling characteristics. Featuring a revised image sensor and processor, both high-resolution stills and 4K video can be recorded while an enhanced autofocus system delivers fast and accurate focusing performance. The 26.1MP APS-C-format X-Trans CMOS 4 image sensor features a back-illuminated design to promote greater image quality throughout the sensitivity range along with a 425-point phase-detection autofocus system for quick, precise AF performance and subject tracking. The 100% phase-detect autofocus provides strong face and eye detection autofocus with a new Face Selection option. Complementing the imaging and focusing is the X-Processor 4, which uses four CPUs for faster image processing as well as continuous shooting up to 8 fps with a mechanical shutter, 30 fps shooting at a 1.25x crop and electronic shutter, and internal DCI/UHD 4K30 video recording.
Sharing a familiar aesthetic of FUJIFILM X-series cameras, the X-T30 II sports a black finish and classically inspired looks, has prominent physical controls, and has a high-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder. The rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD can also be used for live view shooting and larger image playback. Additionally, the X-T30 II also sports built-in Bluetooth for wireless sharing and remote control.
26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor and X-Processor 4
Sharing a sensor with the professional-oriented X-T3, the X-T30 II features an APS-C-format 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor, which has a back-illuminated design to afford smooth tonal rendering, improved low-light performance, and a low native ISO 160 setting. As an X-Trans sensor, it utilizes a randomized pixel array, too, which provides a high degree of image quality and sharpness due to the omission of an optical low-pass filter. Versus conventional pixel patterns, the X-Trans design more closely mimics the organic nature of film in order to produce nuanced colors and tonal transitions, while also reducing moirÃ© and aliasing.
The sensor's design also includes a 100% phase-detection autofocus system, which has 425 selectable points that covers nearly the entire sensor area. This AF system delivers faster, more accurate focusing performance along with low-light sensitivity down to EV -7. Complementing the imaging and focusing capabilities, an updated X-Processor 4 is also featured, and delivers faster focus response for subject tracking and also supports Face- and Eye-Detection AF when working in AF-C mode and when recording video.
The X-Processor 4 also utilizes four CPU units for faster image processing and it benefits overall performance with faster AF and tracking speeds. Quick continuous shooting is possible, up to 8 fps with a mechanical shutter or 30 fps with an electronic shutter and a 1.25x crop, and internal UHD 4K30 video recording with F-Log is also supported.
UHD and DCI 4K Video Recording
More than a stills camera, the X-T30 offers an enticing array of video capabilities, including internal UHD 4K30 video recording at up to 200 Mb/sâand simultaneous external and internal recording is possible. DCI 4K30 and Full HD 1080p120 recording is also possible, and video files can be saved using either MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 or HEVC/H.265 compressions, and 4K. Greatly benefitting overall video performance, the speed of the quad-CPU X-Processor 4 enables fast read speeds when recording 4K video, which helps to reduce rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects.
The X-T30 II also includes the F-Log gamma setting, which provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This maximizes the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes and image adjustments can be made, as well, to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness. When working in F-Log, an updated noise reduction algorithm is available along with 4K inter-frame noise reduction, and the minimum sensitivity has been lowered to ISO 640 to suit working in a broader range of scene types.
The X-Processor 4 quad-core CPU inside X-T30 II uses Intelligent Hybrid AF to offer fast, accurate focus in as little as 0.02 sec on any subject, but significant enhancements have been made to track moving subjects, optimizing autofocus for both stills and its powerful 4K/30p video capabilities. Low light focusing performance has also been expanded from the original model, down to -7EV. 425 sensors provide 100% phase detect AF across the frame, with strong face and eye detection AF with new Face Selection option.
- A bright and clear means for eye-level viewing, a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder offers a 0.62x magnification with a fast refresh rate, wide viewing angle, and adjustable diopter settings. The viewfinder remains blackout free while shooting up to the top 30 fps shooting rate, and a unique Sports Finder Mode can also be employed, which highlights a 16.6MP crop area of the sensor in order to allow you to see outside of the image frame.
- In addition to the EVF, a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD touchscreen is available for intuitive live view shooting, playback and review, and settings adjustment and menu navigation. The screen has a two-way tilting design to suit working from high and low angles regardless if shooting with a horizontal or vertical orientation.
- The top plate incorporates a series of dials and levers for fast, intuitive control over exposure settings, including a shutter speed dial that offers direct shutter speed adjustment, a mode dial, and an exposure compensation dial to choose +/- 3 EV in 1/3 steps, while a command dial position expands the range to +/- 5 EV for further control.
- Front and rear command dials integrate a push function for easier use and settings selection and function buttons can be assigned to control a range of settings.
- A dedicated Focus Lever provides faster, more intuitive control over selecting specific focus points while shooting.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 low energy allows you to wirelessly share images to a mobile device or use the device to remotely control the camera.
18 Film Simulation and Grain Effect Modes
Taking advantage of FUJIFILM's vast history in traditional film-based photography, the X-T30 II integrates several Film Simulation modes. These customizable modes mimic the look and feel of some of FUJIFILM's classic film types, including Eterna, which copies the look of cinematic film with understated colors and richer shadow tones; Acros, which offers smooth tones, deep blacks, and fine detail; and Classic Chrome, which is designed to deliver muted tones and a deep color reproduction, similar to that of a dated slide film. Several other effects are also available for both monochrome and color shooting. In addition to simulating specific film types, a customizable Grain Effect mode is also available to replicate the look of old film photos with an organic textured appearance, which is especially noticeable when printing.
Bluetooth V4.2 and Wi-Fi Sharing
Use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to share images with friends and family on social media, by connecting and downloading images to the FUJIFILM Camera Remote App, or instantly connect and print your favorites from any compatible FUJIFILM INSTAX Smartphone printer.
Interval Shooting and Self-Timer
Programmable interval setting allows a preset number of shots, starting time, interval timer, and shooting exposure smoothing for consistent exposures. The selectable self-timer has 2-second or 10-second delay options.