Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon EF
An ultra-wide zoom lens with a constant f/2.8 aperture, the 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art Lens from Sigma is an outstanding option for architectural and landscape shooters with full-frame Canon EF cameras. A part of the esteemed Art-series of lenses, a sophisticated optical design is used that incorporates three FLD, three SLD, and three aspherical elements to help reduce chromatic aberrations and keep distortion under control. A Super Multi-Layer coating has also been applied to suppress lens flare and ghosting for accurate color fidelity and high contrast.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to produce quick, smooth, and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The lens features a rounded 9-blade diaphragm that gives a smooth look to out-of-focus areas, which stops down to f/22, and offers a minimum focus distance of 10.2". Finally, a weather-sealed brass bayonet mount helps keep water and dust away from your equipment when shooting in rugged conditions.
- Ultra-wide zoom lens for Canon EF-mount cameras, provides a 14-24mm focal length with full-frame sensors.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for working in low-light conditions, stops down to f/22.
- Three Fluorite Low Dispersion (FLD), three Special Low Dispersion (SLD), and three aspherical elements in the design help reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Focuses as close as 10.2" for getting close and personal to your subjects.
- Bayonet mount constructed from brass for improved durability, sealed to help keep water and dust out of your camera and lens
|Specification||Maximum Reproduction Ratio 1:5.4 Optical Design 17 Elements in 11 Groups Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded|
|Focal Length||14 - 24mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/2.8 Minimum: f/22|
|Angle of View||114.2° - 84.1°|
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.24" / 26 cm|
|Filter Thread||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.80 x 5.32" / 96.4 x 135.1 mm|
|Weight||40.57 oz / 1150 g|