Ricoh WG50 Orange
Distinguished by its durability, the orange WG50 Digital Camera from Ricoh is a tough, compact point-and-shoot ideal for your everyday adventures. Its rugged physical construction renders it waterproof for depths up to 45.9' and shockproof from heights of 5.2', as well as freeze, crush, and dustproof to resist nearly anything you can throw at it. In terms of imaging, the WG-50 features a 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS sensor that enables high-resolution stills shooting and Full HD 1080p video recording, as well as a sensitivity range from ISO 125-6400 and a top shooting rate of 10 fps to suit working in a variety of situations. A 5x optical zoom lens also contributes to this flexibility, and covers a wide-angle to telephoto 28-140mm equivalent focal length range, and is complemented by Pixel Track and Digital SR to help realize sharper imagery. Rounding out the WG-50's design, its compact size incorporates a 2.7" 230k-dot LCD monitor, which uses an Outdoor View Setting mode for improved visibility in bright lighting conditions, and six LED lights also surround the lens to help illuminate close-up subjects for macro shooting.
The WG-50 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps:
- Waterproof-rated to IPX8 for use underwater to depths of 45.9' / 14m (JIS Class 8)
- Freezeproof to temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- Shockproof to falls from 5.2' / 1.6m high
- Crushproof to withstand up to 220 lbf / 100 kgf of pressure
- Dustproof-rated to JIS Class 6 to protect the internal components of the camera
16MP CMOS Sensor
Featuring a 16MP 1/2.3" CMOS sensor, the WG-50 is capable of recording high-resolution stills and Full HD 1080p video. The sensor also affords a sensitivity range of ISO 125-6400, for working in a variety of lighting conditions, and a continuous shooting rate of 10 fps to suit photographing moving subjects.
Ricoh 5x Optical Zoom Lens
Spanning wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, the 5x optical zoom lens covers a 28-140mm equivalent range to suit photographing a wide array of subject types. Its optical design features five aspherical elements for notable sharpness with controlled distortion, and Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) and Digital SR both help to minimize the appearance of camera shake when shooting handheld.
Other Camera Features
- Six LED macro lights surround the lens to produce brighter, more even lighting when working with close-up subjects.
- Enhanced Digital Microscope mode enables close focusing to 0.4".
- Benefitting working with the rear 2.7" 230k-dot LCD monitor, an Outdoor View Setting mode automatically boosts the screen's brightness when working in bright, sunlit conditions for greater visibility.
- Included D-LI92 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge.
- A nine-point autofocus system provides quick and accurate focusing performance and is also capable of detecting subject's faces using Smile Capture, Blink Detection, Self Portrait Assist, Self Portrait Assist + Smile Capture, and Pet Detection settings.
- The processing engine contributes to a fast shutter lag time of 0.008 sec. and a startup time of 1.5 sec.
- Interval shooting modes allow you to record a series of exposures at pre-determined intervals for producing time-lapse imagery.
- Digital Filter: B&W/Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starburst, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, and Miniature Filter.
- English, French, Germany, Spanish, Portuguese, Italy, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkey, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
|Focus Range||Normal: 1.64' (50 cm) to Infinity Macro: 3.94" (10 cm) to 1.97' (60 cm) Super-Macro: 0.4" (1 cm) to 11.81" (30 cm)|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 4:3, 16:9|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG Movies: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Lens Mount||11 elements in 9 groups 5 Aspherical EFL: 5-25mm (35 mm equivalent: 28-140mm) Aperture: f/3.3 (W) - 5.5 (T) to f/6.6|
|Max Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Memory Card Type||SD SDHC SDXC|
|Pixels||Actual: 16.76 Megapixel Effective: 16 Megapixel|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080p: 30 fps 1280 x 720p: 60 fps, 30 fps|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Mono)|
|Flight Control System|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0|
|Screen Coverage||2.7" LCD Rear Screen (230,000 pixels)|
|Exposure Metering||Center-Weighted, Multi, Spot|
|Self Timer||2, 10 Seconds|
|Shooting Modes||Auto Digital Microscope Digital SR Fireworks Flower Food Green HDR Handheld Night Shot High Speed Movie Interval Movie Interval Shooting Kids Landscape Movie Night Portrait Night Scene Pet Mode Portrait Report Sports Surf & Snow Underwater Underwater Movie|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125-6400|
|Remote Control||E, F, O-RC1 (Optional)|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Program Compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Daylight, Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (White), Manual, Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 1.08 fps at 16 MP for up to 69 Frames in JPEG Format Up to 10 fps at 5 MP for up to 30 Frames in JPEG Format Up to 10 fps at 4 MP for up to 30 Frames in JPEG Format|
|Flash Modes||Flash On Off Red-Eye Reduction|
|Maximum Effective Flash Range||Wide: 0.66 - 18.04' (0.2 - 5.5 m) Telephoto: 0.66 - 11.48' (0.2 - 3.5 m)|
|Waterproofing||45.9' (14.0 m)|
|Battery||1 x D-LI92 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.7 VDC, 770 mAh|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating 14 to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.8 x 2.4 x 1.2" / 122.5 x 61.5 x 29.5 mm|
|Weight||6.808 oz / 193 g with battery and memory card|
|Zoom||Optical: 5x Digital: 7.2x Intelligent Zoom: 7.5x Intelligent Zoom: 36x|