Olympus OMD EM10 Mark II Body Only (Silver)
Olympus OMD EM10 Mark II Body Only (Silver)
Sporting a classic design and sleek form factor, the silver OM-D E-M10 Mark II from Olympus is a mirrorless Micro Four Thirds digital camera featuring refined stills and movie recording capabilities to suit working in a variety of day-to-day environments. A high-resolution 16.1MP 4/3 Live MOS sensor pairs with the TruePic VII image processor to facilitate up to 8.5 fps shooting and full HD 1080p/60 movie recording, with a top sensitivity of ISO 25600. In-camera 5-axis image stabilization compensates for up to 4 stops of camera shake to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions and a FAST AF system employs 81 contrast-detection areas for quick, accurate performance with dedicated subject tracking modes. The retro-themed body incorporates a range of assignable function buttons and dials, as well as a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen LCD for clear image monitoring and playback. Besides the handsome appeal of the E-M10 Mark II's design, its main assets lie in its versatility of shooting functions and performance to benefit photographers and videographers alike.
Benefited by the range of imaging capabilities, the E-M10 Mark II also incorporates a variety of shooting modes to suit working in various situations. A Silent Mode utilizes an electronic shutter for perfectly quiet picture-taking, with shutter speeds up to 1/16,000 sec. available. Live Bulb and Live Time modes are well-suited to creative long exposure photography and a dedicated Live Composite mode lets you watch a long exposure gradually build up during the course of the shot. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to pair the camera with your smartphone or tablet for wireless sharing and remote camera control, and an interval shooting mode can be used to produce in-camera 4K time lapse movies.
Included with the camera body is the M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R standard zoom lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range. It features quiet autofocus and zooming operation to benefit recording movies and also incorporates three aspherical elements to reduce aberrations and produce high image sharpness and clarity.
16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
Featuring a 16.1MP 4/3 Live MOS sensor, along with the TruePic VII image processor, the E-M10 Mark II is capable of recording high-resolution stills and full HD 1080p video with sensitivity to ISO 25600. The processing speed also avails a top continuous shooting rate of 8.5 fps in full-resolution, with the ability to record up to 22 12-bit RAW files in a single burst or 36 JPEGs. When working at a slower, 4 fps shooting rate, you are able to record infinite bursts for the capacity of your memory card.
In-Camera 5-Axis Image Stabilization
In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 4 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, image stabilization can also be used when framing shots, for more accurate compositions, by half-pressing the shutter button.
- Characterized by a compact, lightweight design, the E-M10 Mark II features a classically-styled body design with a black leatherette wrap and black metal finish.
- For manual, direct control over drive modes and programmable function settings, three dials are positioned on the top panel and feature a knurled finish for easier adjustment.
- The large, 0.62x equivalent magnification OLED viewfinder features a 2.36-million dot resolution and covers 100% of the frame for accurate composing in a variety of lighting conditions and working situations. The EVF also allows you to pre-visualize any creative effects or exposure adjustments prior to shooting.
- An alternative to the viewfinder, the camera also features a 3.0" 1.04m-dot tilting touchscreen monitor. The monitor can tilt 85° upward, for low-angle shooting, and 45° downward, for high-angle shooting. The touchscreen design also avails direct control when navigating the menus, reviewing images, and choosing focus points or other shooting controls.
- When working with the EVF, the AF Targeting Pad feature allows you to trace your thumb along the touchscreen to intuitively move the focus point while shooting.
- A trio of Fn (Function) buttons can be assigned specific controls for quick adjustment or access to your most oft-used settings.
- A built-in pop-up flash can be used for additional illumination or a top hot shoe is also available for optional external flashes. When using the built-in flash, the top sync speed is 1/250 sec. and with an external flash, the top sync speed is 1/200 sec.
FAST AF System and Focus Controls
The FAST contrast-detection autofocus system employs 81 areas to quickly and accurately acquire focus on both moving and stationary subjects. Both face and eye-detection modes can also be used for precise tracking of subjects, and single and continuous focusing modes can also be employed. When working with manual focus, a manual focus assist function can magnify the image for easily identifying sharp focus and a peaking function can be used, too, for quickly determining in-focus areas in the scene based on colored, highlighted lines of contrast.
Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in a variety of frame rates up to 60 fps in ALL-I or IPB compressions, with a maximum bit-rate of 77 Mbps. In addition to standard video recording, high-speed video recording is also supported at 120 fps in 640 x 480 resolution. A dedicated clips feature is ideal for sharing short movies in preset times of 1, 2, 4, and 8 second durations, with the ability to extend limits by re-pressing the record button.
Sound is recorded during movies using the built-in stereo microphone, and a wind noise reduction tool can be used for cleaner sound. Also, the microphone volume can be limited during recording.
M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R Lens
Included with the E-M10 Mark II is the versatile M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R zoom lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements have been incorporated into the lens' design to help reduce spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and also contribute to high image sharpness and clarity. The lens is designated as MSC (Movie & Still Compatible), making it ideal for video recording due to its quick and near-silent focusing performance.
Other Camera Features
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to pair the E-M10 Mark II with a smartphone using the Olympus Image Share app for wireless image sharing and remote camera control.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 320 shots per charge under normal conditions, or up to 750 shots per charge with Quick Sleep Mode.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 sequential frames, with 1 second to 24 hour intervals, and automatic time lapse processing can save your individual images into a movie for playback. Time lapse movies can also be saved at 4K resolution for greater detail and resolution.
- A dedicated Silent Mode utilizes and electronic shutter for quiet, undetectable shooting. When working in this mode you have a range of shutter speeds from 1/16,000 to 60 seconds.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- A two-axis electronic level helps to ensure consistently level horizons and plumb verticals.
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- A multi exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
- Photo Story lets you capture sequential shots of a scene from varying angles, and then composite them into a single image. When working in this mode, you can record sequential images by sliding a finger across the screen, zoom in or out between two photos, apply unique frames or borders, or arrange multiple images in different compositions.
- Scene Select modes can be used to optimize camera settings based on the scene conditions at hand, and include Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Hand-held Starlight, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., Wide Conv., Macro Conv., Panning, and 3D.
- Art Filters are available for creatively adjusting the look of your imagery, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pinhole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color. Art Effects can also be used to further enhance photos' appearance, including Soft Focus Effect, Pinhole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Blur Effect, B&W Effect, Picture Tone Effect, and Shade Effect.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, MPO, RAW Movies: AVI, MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Max Resolution||4608 x 3456|
|Memory Card Type||SDHC SDXC|
|Pixels||Actual: 17.2 Megapixel Effective: 16.1 Megapixel|
|Sensor||MOS, 17.3 x 13 mm|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Video Format||1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97 fps (77 Mbps MOV) 1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps (52 Mbps MOV) 1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps (30 Mbps MOV) 1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps (18 Mbps MOV) 1280 x 720p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps (MOV) 1280 x 720p at 30 fps (AVI) 640 x 480p at 120 fps (AVI) 640 x 480p at 30 fps (AVI)|
|Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Min|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 81|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (1,040,000)|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||19.2 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.08x|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: Auto, 100-25600)|
|Shutter||Type: Electronic & Mechanical Speed: 60 - 1/4000 Second Type: Electronic & Mechanical Speed: .5 - 1 Minute in Bulb Mode Type: Electronic Speed: 60 - 1/16000 Second|
|Metering Method||Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering, Highlight Weighted|
|Remote Control||RM-UC1 (Optional)|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Art Filter, Bulb, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Program Shift, Programmed Auto, Scene Selection, Shutter Priority, Time, Underwater Metering Range: EV -2.0 - EV 20.0 Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV Steps)|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Custom|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 8.5 fps at 16.1 MP for up to 36 frames Up to 4 fps at 16.1 MP for up to frames|
|Flash Modes||Auto Fill-in Manual Off Red-eye Reduction Second-curtain Sync Slow Sync Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction|
|Guide No.||19.03' (5.8 m) ISO100|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL Remote Firing Groups: 4 Channels: 4|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0|
|Self Timer||12 seconds, 2 seconds Custom: 1-30 seconds at 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 second intervals Number of Shots: 1-10|
|Battery||1 x BLS-50 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1175 mAh|
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C) Humidity: 30 - 90%|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||4.7 x 3.3 x 1.8" / 119.5 x 83.1 x 46.7 mm|
|Weight||13.757 oz / 390 g|
|Focal Length||14 - 42mm Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 28 - 84 mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6 Minimum: f/22|
|Angle of View||75° - 29°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84" (25 cm)|
|Elements/Groups||8 / 7|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 37 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.22 x 1.97" (56.5 x 50 mm)|
|Weight||3.99 oz (113 g)|