Moza Slypod Overview
The Moza Slypod is an innovative motorized 2-in-1 slider and monopod. It can be mounted horizontally on a tripod via a built-in mounting plate, or vertically on a mini tripod or other support, and it provides 11" of telescoping motorized travel distance in either mode. Via an iOS/Android app, the telescoping movement can be set up in assigned travel routes or repeatable movements, at speeds from an ultra-slow minimum of 0.15mm per second to up to 28mm per second. In horizontal (slider) mode, the rated (safety) payload is 9 lb and the max 22 lb, and in vertical (monopod) mode, the rated is 20 lb and max 40 lb. The built-in geared motor and algorithms provide smooth, steady, and quiet movement for anything from an action cam or smartphone up to most cinema cameras.
For attaching a camera, there's a 1/4"-20 mounting screw on the end. A quick release pan-and-tilt accessory is included that secures to this end and allows you to set your camera facing in just about any direction. Alternatively, you can mount a ball head, fluid head, or other support. A great option is a gimbal stabilizer, such as one of Moza's gimbals. Attaching a gimbal adds motorized pan and tilt axes to the motorized slides.
The Slypod is designed with a built-in battery with up to a two-hour runtime. A great feature of the Slypod is that the battery can be charged while the Slypod is in use, so you're able to shoot continuously for time-lapse capture, vlogs, live streams, and other applications, especially considering the super-slow minimum travel speed of 0.15mm per second. The battery is charged via a USB charging port that can also be used to integrate other Moza products, for actions such as camera shutter control.
Other than mobile app control, the Slypod can be partially operated via onboard +/- control buttons or an optional wireless remote control. The motor, battery, power button, +/- controls, and USB port are all built-in/located on the bottom end of the Slypod. There's also an illuminating ring in that section that lights up different colors to indicate the battery status. Red, for example, means the Slypod is charging.
The built-in mounting plate for slider mode offers 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads. For vertical mounting, a 1/4"-20 threaded hole is provided on the bottom when the included wooden handle is removed. A mini tripod is supplied for mounting the Slypod in monopod mode.
The Slypod has a weatherproofed design that provides resistance to wind, sand, and dust. Fully collapsed, it measures 21". Fully extended, and with the wooden handle attached on the bottom and the quick release pan-and-tilt accessory on top, it measures 38" from end to end. Made mainly of carbon fiber, it weighs just 1.7 lb.
- Motorized 11" telescoping movement in horizontal (slider) mode and vertical (monopod) mode
- 9 lb horizontal rated (safety) payload, 20 lb vertical (22 lb / 40 lb max payload)
- Ultra-slow 0.15mm per second to up to 1.1" / 28mm per second travel speed
- Two-hour built-in battery can be charged via a USB port during operation for continuous use
- iOS/Android control app for assignable routes, repeatable movements, and time-lapse sessions
- Onboard adjustment buttons
- Optional wireless remote control supported
- Built-in mounting plate with 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting threads for attaching to a tripod in slider mode
- 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for mounting on tabletop tripods, monopod bases, monopods, and other supports in monopod mode
- 1/4"-20 mounting screw for attaching a camera or support accessory
- Quick release pan-and-tilt-accessory included
- Combines well with gimbals for additional pan and tilt motorized axes of movement
- Illuminating ring on the bottom lights up different colors to indicate the battery status
- 21" length fully collapsed
- 38" length fully extended and with a wooden handle attached on one end and included pan-and-tilt accessory on the other
- Carbon fiber construction; weighs just 1.65 lb
- Weatherproofed design
|Operating Temperature||14 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C|
|Mounting Threads||2 x 1/4"-20 Female Thread 1 x 3/8"-16 Female Thread|
|Load Capacity||9 lb / 4.08 kg (Horizontal) 20 lb / 9.07 kg (Vertical)|
|Camera Mount Type||1/4"-20 Male|