Leica M10P Edition Safari (20015)
Inspired by the first olive-colored Leica, the M10-P Edition 'Safari' pays homage to an iconic camera while retaining the contemporary imaging capabilities of Leica's flagship. This camera is part of a limited edition of 1500 units and is characterized by its olive green-colored baked enamel finish, along with its included brandy-colored leather strap and SD/credit card case.
The M10-P is a sleek and straightforward digital rangefinder camera that blends enhanced still imaging capabilities with an updated, pared-down appearance as well as the quietest shutter of any film or digital M-series camera. Utilizing a redeveloped 24MP full-frame CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, the M10-P yields high-resolution imagery with an extended dynamic range, high sensitivity to ISO 50000, and a continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. Akin to its sibling model, the M10, the M10-P features a slim body profile reminiscent of M film cameras, and the larger 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder allows for greater composition and focusing accuracy. The body design also incorporates a dedicated ISO dial for quick adjustment, even when the camera is turned off, and the rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a Gorilla Glass cover to guard against scratching and light impacts. Also contributing to durability, the top and bottom plates are constructed from brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy to realize a robust physical construction for long-lasting use. Additionally, the M10-P also sports an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device.
Leica M10-P Edition 'Safari'
Reminiscent of the classic Leica M1 Olive from 1960, this Edition 'Safari' of the M10-P features an olive green baked enamel finish along with a silver shutter speed dial, on/off switch, shutter release button, and hot shoe. The top plate's engraving also recalls the first Safari camera and features a simple Leica logo on one line and WETZLAR GERMANY on the second line. Included with the camera body is an Edition 'Safari' brandy-colored leather carrying strap and leather SD/credit card holder. The camera is part of a limited edition of only 1500 units worldwide.
24MP CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
A redeveloped full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor pairs with the Maestro II image processor to deliver a wide dynamic range with notable color rendering, as well as enhanced sensitivity from ISO 100-50000 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. The image processor also incorporates a 2GB buffer to afford fast continuous shooting at 5 fps for up to 40 consecutive frames in a burst.
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The optical viewfinder is a large, bright-line 0.73x-magnification rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and bright-line frame lines, which are set to match the image sensor size at a focusing distance of 6.6'. On the front of the camera, a viewfinder frame selector can also be used to manually change the apparent image field to help visualize the scene with varying focal lengths; options are available in 35mm/135mm, 28mm/90mm, and 50mm/75mm focal length pairs.
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation.
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera's control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Built-in level gauge aids in achieving perfectly level horizons.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Redesigned shutter for notably quiet operation.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the M10-P to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica M app.
Other Camera Features
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Images can be recorded in either the DNG or JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- Language support: German, English, Frenc
|File Formats||Still Images: DNG, JPEG|
|Lens Mount||Leica M|
|Max Resolution||5976 x 3992|
|Memory Card Type||SD SDHC SDXC|
|Sensor||CMOS, 24 x 36 mm|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Touchscreen LCD (1,036,800)|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.73x|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Self Timer||2, 12 Seconds|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 50000|
|Shutter||8 to 1/4000 Second , Bulb Mode 125 to 1/4000 Second in Aperture Priority Mode|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multi-Zone Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual Metering Range: EV -1.0 to EV 20.0|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Color Temperature, Manual|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 5 fps at 24 MP for up to 40 Frames in JPEG Format|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 180 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Connectivity||Leica EVF Socket|
|Camera Mount Type||Full-Frame|
|Battery||1 x BP-SCL5 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.4 VDC, 1300 mAh|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.5 x 3.1 x 1.5" / 139.0 x 80.0 x 38.5 mm|
|Weight||1.50 lb / 680 g with battery|